October 12, 2020
Human Resources – Benefits highlights top employee resources for open enrollment 2021
Open enrollment for 2021 will begin Oct. 28 for the employees at the West Lafayette, Fort Wayne and Northwest campuses. All employees are asked to actively enroll by 6 p.m. ET Nov. 10. Via the dedicated open enrollment website, employees have access to a variety of helpful resources and more. The top resources are highlighted below and cover the 2021 enrollment guide, one-on-one assistance, the recorded open enrollment presentation, choosing the right medical plan and working spouse coverage.
Open enrollment guide
A full open enrollment guide is available for employees at all campuses, including a version in Spanish. The online guide includes details about what is changing, how to enroll and resources available.
Choosing the right medical plan
The biggest decision for most employees is deciding which of the medical plans offered by Purdue best suits their needs (and the needs of their family if applicable). The following videos provide information to help guide employees in making a plan selection:
- The “Medical Plan Choices” video takes a look at all three consumer-driven health plans (CDHPs) -- Premier CDHP, Standard CDHP and Limited CHDP -- and provides similarities and comparisons between the plans.
- The “Choosing the Right Medical Plan” video walks viewers through the considerations that should be taken when choosing a medical plan and provides information to help employees understand the full cost of the medical plan -- including the premium, medical costs and out of pocket maximum costs under each of the three CDHP plans available for 2021.
Virtual one-on-one assistance is available for employees through Oct. 23. These appointments should be used for open enrollment questions. Employees can discuss topics such as:
- Medical plan offerings for 2021.
- Transitioning from the PPO to a CDHP (including discussions on how prescriptions will be covered).
- Any of the voluntary plan options – including the change in vendors from MetLife to Voya and Securian’s offer to increase life insurance coverage one level without evidence of insurability.
To schedule a one-on-one appointment with a member of the benefits staff, click here. Once scheduled, employee will receive an Outlook calendar invite with the Microsoft Teams’ meeting information.
Enrolling in 2021 benefits
For those needing additional information on how to enroll -- or who work best following video or recorded presentations – the following will be useful.
- A recorded enrollment presentation provides a detailed overview of information pertinent to benefits open enrollment for 2021 in an interactive format. For employees who were unable to attend a virtual presentation or those who would like a quick review, the recorded PowerPoint presentation highlights key enrollment information, including plans being offered, how CDHPs work, what’s new for 2021, how to enroll and more. Viewers can pause or rewind at any time to review specific information.
Understanding the working spouse premium
Again, in 2021 Purdue is providing employees the opportunity to cover their working spouses under Purdue’s medical plans by adding working spouse premium tiers. However, not all employees whose spouses work will be required to pay the premium. The resources below can help employees determine if they will be affected by the premium.
- Working Spouse Guide: Employees can follow the guide to see how and if the premium applies to their family as well as if a Working Spouse Premium Waiver Form is required.
- Working Spouse Premium Waiver Form: Employees who meet the waiver criteria for covering a working spouse must fill out and upload this form into Benefitfocus by Dec. 1, 2020.
- How to Upload Working Spouse Premium Waiver Form: These detailed instructions provide step-by-step instructions on how to upload the form into Benefitfocus.
Open enrollment computer labs
HR Benefits will again provide on-site computer labs during open enrollment for those employees who need access to a computer or broadband internet. The onsite computer lab will be open 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday from Oct. 28 through Nov. 10. In order to adhere to Protect Purdue guidelines on capacity and social distancing, appointments will be required. Sign-ups will begin the week of Oct. 19. More information will be shared regarding appointments soon.
Questions should be directed to Human Resources – Benefits at the employee’s respective campus.