October 22, 2018
Open enrollment begins today; additional details to follow daily through Nov. 2
Benefits open enrollment begins today (Oct. 22) and runs through 6 p.m. ET Nov. 2. The dedicated enrollment website provides detailed information about benefits enrollment for 2019. All employees are asked to actively enroll during this open enrollment window.
Here are the highlights of what employees will see in their enrollment guides that will be delivered to campus addresses starting today:
* The same three medical plan options will be offered again in 2019.
* Benefit enrollment will take place through Benefitfocus – the benefit enrollment and management tool introduced in 2017. The tool can be accessed any time through the OneCampus Portal with your career account username and password. Note: BoilerKey, Purdue’s new two-factor authentication service, will be required beginning Oct. 30 for system access, including open enrollment. Visit www.purdue.edu/boilerkey for information and instructions. Employees are encouraged to obtain their BoilerKey access before coming to the labs for assistance.
* Spousal coverage requirements are changing for 2019. Effective Jan. 1, medical coverage for spouses of Purdue employees will be available only as primary coverage for those spouses who do not work or do not have access to their employer’s medical coverage where the employer pays at least 50 percent of the premium.
* The Healthy Boiler Wellness Program, focused on encouraging health awareness and importance of an annual physical and biometrics screening -- offering eligible employees the opportunity to earn additional HSA and HRA contributions -- will continue for 2019.
* Tobacco certification details.
All employees are strongly encouraged to actively enroll for 2019 benefits. Some benefits require the employee to provide additional information, such as tobacco user certification, spousal coverage and transfer of funds to HSA Bank.
Employees also can enroll for 2019 benefits using the Benefitfocus mobile app. Install the BenefitFocus app from Google Play for Android devices or the App Store for Apple Devices. Enter “enrollpurduebenefits” as the company ID and log in with career account and BoilerKey. For additional information on the mobile app, visit the open enrollment home page.
Throughout the two-week open enrollment time frame, several tools and resources will be offered to employees to ease them through the process.
Live presentations and/or walk-in labs are available on all Purdue campuses throughout open enrollment; a complete list of presentations and labs can be found under “Resources” on the dedicated enrollment webpage.
Below is the schedule for today (Oct. 22):
* West Lafayette
Live presentation, 1:30-2:30, Stewart Center, Room 202.
Walk-in lab, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Kurz Purdue Technology Center, Conference Room 2.
Walk-in lab, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Pfendler Hall, Room 103.
* Purdue Fort Wayne
Live presentation, 9 a.m., Kettler Hall, Room 118.
Live presentation, 3 p.m., Kettler Hall, Room 119.
* Purdue Northwest will begin live presentations and walk-in labs on Oct. 24 and 25, respectively.
Additional information will be provided via Purdue Today, emails, videos and the dedicated enrollment website. Enrollment guides, mailed to campus addresses, will be available today.
Benefits’ staff members are committed to providing excellent customer service and resources -- during open enrollment and all year -- to help employees and their families best use these valuable programs. Please allow time for responses as customer service’s call volume increases significantly during open enrollment. As a reminder, the Human Resources customer service location in Stewart Center, Room G66, will be closed through Nov. 2 to accommodate open enrollment staffing needs at the various walk-in labs and presentations across campus.
Questions should be directed to Human Resources - Benefits for West Lafayette at firstname.lastname@example.org, 765-494-2222 or toll-free at 877-725-0222. Employees at the Fort Wayne and Purdue Northwest campuses should contact the Human Resources department at their respective campuses.