Student Positions – Undergraduate and Graduate
Please review Student Employment Eligibility and General Employment Policies provided by the Vice Provost for Student Life before pursuing the hiring process. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org when further assistance is needed.
Updates to the Background Checks Policy were made in August 2022 that require that student and graduate student positions undergo sex and violent offender registry checks. In the current process, newly hired students receive an email invitation to complete the necessary information in HireRight after they have completed their onboarding.
Click View More Information to show/hide each recruitment process in detail.
Before kicking off a hiring process, speak with your supervisor and employment center or business office to understand both budget restrictions and any approvals required by your college or area. Please review Federal Work-Study information provided by the Division of Financial Aid.
There are two processes hiring supervisors can utilize:
- Post and recruit for student positions within SuccessFactors
- Provide student information to Payroll Center to process through Action Automation (these students are often known, and a posting is not needed)
Hiring Students through SuccessFactors
Supervisors within the Vice Provost for Student Life can view additional hiring information on the Student Employment web page.Please note, new hires will recieve an addtional email from HireRight to complete the rquired sex and violent offernder registry check.
|SuccessFactors Undergrad Student Quick Hire Process|
|Identify Vacant Position||
Most student positions exist. Follow the Identify Vacant Position in the SuccessFactors Student Quick Hire QRG.
|Create Requisition and Post||
The initiator can quickly create and post the job. Follow the Create and Post Requisition in the SuccessFactors Student Quick Hire QRG.
|Manage Candidates through Talent Pipeline||
The initiator can move the candidates through the talent pipeline by reviewing applications and resumes and narrowing interview pool and ultimately making the final selection.
Follow the Managing Candidates Pipeline in the SuccessFactors Student Quick Hire QRG.
|Move Candidate to Ready to Hire||
Once moved to Ready to Hire, Action Automation pulls record to process.
Payroll or Employment Center initiates Onboarding for new hire.
Follow the Process Post Hire Data Verification QRG.Please note, new hires receive an additional email via HireRight to complete the required sex and violent offender reigstry check.
Graduate Student Tips:
- Newly hired grad appointments have important resources available online to learn more about pay, policies and more.
- Payroll or Employment Centers will assist with hiring grad students and getting them in the system through the Action Automation process.
- Those hiring grad staff appointments through SuccessFactors can follow the Grad Staff Quick Hire quick reference guide.
- Before hiring, review the Graduate Staff Employment manual and utilize the offer letter template found on the Graduate School webpage. Work with your Payroll or Employment Center through the offer process.
- Review Terms and Conditions of Employment of Graduate Student Staff found on the Policies.