January 22, 2016
Dairy producers announce regional meetings
The theme of this year's series is "Dollars and Sense." Discussion will focus on how to use financial information to successfully manage a dairy operation, tools for effective budgeting and determining the true cost of production.
Scheduled speakers are Gary Sipiorski, dairy development manager at Vita Plus, a consulting firm based in Madison, Wisconsin; Melanie Strait-Bok, regional vice president for financial services at Farm Credit Mid-America; Dennis Hicks, certified public accountant with Clifton Larson Allen; Nicole Olynk Widmar, Purdue associate professor of agricultural economics; and Elizabeth Byrd, Ph.D. candidate in agricultural economics at Purdue.
* Jan. 27: Rush County Fairgrounds; 1299 N. Sexton St., Rushville.
* Jan. 28: Hornville Tavern; 2607 Baseline Road, Evansville.
* Feb. 9: Farmstead Inn; 370 S. Van Buren St., Shipshewana.
* Feb. 10: Adams County Fairgrounds; state Route 124, Monroe.
* Feb. 11: Christos Banquet Center; 830 Lincolnway E, Plymouth.
All meetings are from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. local time.
The meetings are free, but registration is required. For more information or to sign up, go to http://www.IndianaDairy.org or call Doug Leman, IDP executive director, at 317-695-8228.
Writer: Darrin Pack, 765-494-8415, firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: Mike Schutz, 765-494-9347, email@example.com