Logistics and supply chain structures can be found in virtually any system. A supply chain is a complex environment with a multitude of forces and variables with various degrees of dependence. Unforeseen events are frequent and in order to achieve a competitive supply chain, constant supervision is needed. In this business and management course, you will learn methods that are used to master control of supply chains, including how to forecast demand, how to determine the best order quantity for procurement, how to plan capacity and production and much more." Many of the topics in the course will be illustrated using real companies and real logistics professionals as logistics is not a theoretical subject – it exists all around us – everywhere.
- Basic forecasting methods
- Lot sizing methods
- Safety stock calculations
- Differentiation techniques
- Material and Capacity planning
- Transport Planning
- Logistics aspect on procurement
- Basics in Sales and Operations planning
- Master production scheduling.
- Recommended for professionals in the Manufacturing field: in a process improvement role handling operations & logistics / preparing for an operations mangement career / currently holding a senior management position.
Chalmers Institute of Technology
New applicants, operations teams, 1st level supervisors
Method of Delivery
Certification is paid for $ 49.00 ; Full financial aid available for certification