Several Funding Opportunities Available for Researchers
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. – The Office of Research has announced several upcoming application deadlines for open funding opportunities available to researchers. These include:
- SPARK Program (Supporting Partnering for Advanced Research teamworK): applications for up to $100,000 of support for interdisciplinary teams pursuing large, competitive center grants are due Sept. 11 by 5 p.m. ET. Details are available on the SPARK website.
- Federal Appropriation Requests: faculty members (tenure-track/tenured, research, clinical) from all campuses are eligible to submit projects for consideration by 5 p.m. ET on Sept. 15. An informational webinar about this new federal appropriation request process will be held today (Aug. 29). Application and webinar details are available on the Federal Appropriation Request Process website.
- Purdue NIH Incentive programs: application deadlines are as follows for faculty seeking NIH incentive funding:
- Clifford B. Kinley Trust Competition: West Lafayette faculty (tenure-track/tenured, research, clinical) principal investigators are eligible to submit pre-proposals by 5 p.m. ET on Oct. 23. Details are available on the Kinley Trust webpage.
- Ralph W. and Grace M. Showalter Research Trust: West Lafayette faculty (tenure-track, research) holding a rank of assistant professor are eligible to submit pre-proposals by 5 p.m. ET on Oct. 30. An informational webinar will be held Sept. 12. Sign-up, application and webinar details are available on the Showalter Trust webpage.
- Purdue Research Bridge Program: applications continue to be accepted for this program, which helps cover short-term funding gaps to maintain research programs at minimum “essential” levels. The goal is to increase the likelihood of external funding renewal. The program requires a 1:1 match and active pursuit of external funding by faculty. Details are available on the Research Bridge Program website.
Please contact Kristyn Jewell (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
Writer/Media contact: Peter Shelby
Source: Kristyn Jewell