December 20, 2021
New portal, incentive structure to begin Jan. 1 for Healthy Boiler
New things are coming in 2022 for the Healthy Boiler Program. In addition to the updated wellness incentive program – to encourage more comprehensive wellness efforts – a new portal is also being introduced.
Based on feedback from employees, a new portal for the Healthy Boiler Program will be used beginning Jan. 1.
The new portal is easier to use and offers features such as:
- A mobile app, which allows users to log their activity and more on the go.
- Fun, customizable wellness challenges, so individuals can pick a wellness journey that’s meaningful to them.
- A Comprehensive Health Risk Assessment that measures well-being across the six key dimensions – emotional, occupational, social, financial, physical and purpose. The Comprehensive Health Risk Assessment is an optional step to complete for earning incentives. See below for more details.
- Educational videos and habit-based challenges to drive positive behavior change.
Employees will receive a registration email from the new portal vendor on Jan. 4 – and a reminder email on Jan. 11 – with detailed instructions on how to create a new Healthy Boiler Program account, which is required for 2022.
2022 incentive program
Employees and spouses can each earn up to $450 in incentives on top of the $200 base contribution from Purdue. Those with employee + children coverage can earn up to $900 in incentives, in addition to Purdue's $400 base contribution.
In 2022, funds can be earned through a variety of steps.
- Step 1 – Complete annual physical (required).
- Step 2 – Complete annual biometrics, complete health risk assessment, complete dental or vision exam, complete well-being screening (optional)
Employees can complete the steps in whatever order works best for them, but the annual physical has to be uploaded into the portal before any additional incentive dollars earned through Step 2 can be paid.
See the “Earn Incentives” webpage for details.
Questions about the Healthy Boiler Program can be directed to Human Resources at 765-494-2222, toll-free at 877-725-0222 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.