August 25, 2021
New travel expense process to begin next week for select West Lafayette departments
As recently announced, Purdue Travel will begin creating travel expense reports on behalf of travelers in the following West Lafayette administrative departments on Aug. 30:
- Administrative Operations.
- Human Resources.
- Office of Legal Counsel/Risk Management.
- Office of the Provost.
- President’s Office.
- Purdue Online.
- Senior Vice President and Assistant Treasurer/Sponsored Program Services.
- Student Life.
- Student organizations.
- Treasurer and Chief Financial Officer.
- Vice President for Public Affairs/Marketing and Communications.
- Vice President of Ethics and Compliance.
- Vice President of Technology.
This is the first of several phases that will be implemented before the end of the calendar year. The creation of travel expense reports will be centralized for West Lafayette academic areas, Purdue Northwest and Purdue Fort Wayne in subsequent phases. Additional information will be shared closer to each remaining implementation date.
Upon returning from business travel, all employees or their delegates will need to submit expenses for reimbursement using one of the following methods:
- Add business expense receipts to the receipt store in the Concur mobile app. If travel was booked through Concur, Purdue Travel will reach out to the traveler/delegate to initiate the expense report process.
- Attach business expense receipts in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Travelers or their delegates must initiate this process on their own.
A number of virtual information sessions are scheduled to provide an overview of the process changes. Those who travel for business or complete travel functions on behalf of others are encouraged to attend one of the sessions. Log in using BoilerKey credentials and then select “Register Now.”
Questions may be directed to Purdue Travel at 765-496-TRIP (8747) or email@example.com.