November 13, 2019
Online role requests available through SuccessFactors
The Role Request Form is the newest tile added to the SuccessFactors homepage. The form will be available starting today (Nov. 13) and is part of the SAP Identity Management system (IDM) used to track business roles approved for specific positions and then provides access to SAP S/4 (Finance) and SAP SuccessFactors (HR) systems.
- IDM assigns roles to a position and provides access to the employee/s who holds the position.
- As employees transition into or out of a position, roles are automatically provided or removed based on the roles attached to the position.
- Because roles are assigned to a position, the requester needs to be aware of whether they are requesting a role for a position that is held by many employees. If a role is requested for a grouped position, everyone in the position will get the role.
The Role Request Form is surrounded by two other tiles – IDM Login (to review current positions and their assigned roles) and Roles and Privileges Information (links to the resource webpage).
The Identity Management – Roles and Privileges webpage has been updated with Quick Reference Guides, business role documentation and contact resources. The email previously used for business role requests (SAP-SFemail@example.com) will be discontinued Nov. 30.
Training resources – Quick Reference Guides
- HR/Payroll role questions – Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance identifying what HR/Payroll roles are needed.
- Finance role questions -- Contact email@example.com for assistance identifying what Finance roles are needed.
- Pending Requests/IDM Application – Contact OnePurdueSecurity@purdue.edu with questions related to a current or outstanding role request and questions related to the IDM application.