September 10, 2018
Transforming business through SuccessFactors beginning Jan. 1
As the Transform Purdue initiative continues to bring reengineered processes and new systems and functionality to the University community, the team is preparing for the next big system enhancement -- the deployment of SuccessFactors on Jan. 1. The new system will integrate recruitment, onboarding, time tracking and leave requests, as well as merit, compensation and the performance appraisal process, creating a unified location for employee data through an employee’s career from new hire to retiree.
The streamlined processes (plus system functionality) will affect all employees:
Employees will use SuccessFactors to track time and attendance, request time off, edit personal information and review pay stubs and tax information. Additionally, they will access SuccessFactors to complete performance appraisals, when applicable.
Business offices and department support staff
Business offices will access SuccessFactors to process personnel actions or employee data changes, such as pay changes or terminations. They will continue to support recruitment processes, business leave requests and merit and compensation processes.
Department support staff will be able to create positions (when needed) to help their department initiate posting positions for recruiting. They will continue to assist with faculty and/or student recruitment processes and onboarding tasks.
Supervisors and managers will review and approve time and time-off (leave) requests through SuccessFactors as well as complete employee performance appraisals in SuccessFactors. Supervisors and managers also have the ability to initiate position postings for recruitment and complete the student quick hire process.
Leaders will continue to work with the business office to process merit pay through SuccessFactors. They also will access SuccessFactors to approve electronic offer letters, pay increases and business leaves, when applicable.
To help ready the employees for the launch of SuccessFactors, an engagement team composed of business management, human resources, payroll and project team members has been tasked with engaging the Purdue community in preparation for the upcoming changes.
Business management learned more about the system functionality, process changes and change impacts via presentations that were facilitated through the summer months. Topics such as Employment Data Changes, Recruiting and Onboarding and Time and Leaves were reviewed.
Department support staff (such as secretaries and department administrators) were invited to learn more about creating positions, recruitment and onboarding tasks. Based on the feedback, deeper-dive sessions into recruitment and onboarding are now offered. The deeper–dive sessions provide more demonstrations of the various steps and provide the opportunity to ask questions.
Supervisors and managers have the opportunity to attend a session organized by their area to learn more about their role with recruitment, onboarding, time tracking, leave requests and performance appraisals. The current supervisor schedule is now available. Anyone interested in attending a scheduled session or would like to request additional sessions, should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SuccessFactors educational resources
Many resources are currently available for employees to help them learn more about SuccessFactors:
* SuccessFactors engagement sessions contain PowerPoint presentations and videos to help create a smooth transition to the redesigned processes with SuccessFactors functionality.
* SuccessFactors Sneak Peeks are still valuable and provide a quick look at the system functionality through discussion guides, PowerPoint presentations and videos.
* The SuccessFactors guide is a great tool that highlights the upcoming changes.
* Curious how roles are assigned through SuccessFactors? View the SuccessFactors Roles and Privileges webpage for more information.
* SuccessFactors Training webpage outlines training materials and sessions to be released beginning in early October.
* Visit www.purdue.edu/successfactors for more information. Click the icons to view the changes for each process in the particular SuccessFactors module.
* All questions can be forwarded to email@example.com.