January 25, 2018
Sneak peeks into Human Capital Management, SuccessFactors' processes now available
With the implementation of SuccessFactors as part of the Human Capital Management transformation project, employees will see improvements and changes in a variety of human resources areas, including recruitment and onboarding, time and leave, performance goals and compensation and merit.
The objectives for the HCM project are to eliminate paper-based processes, reduce manual reconciliations and standardize and automate workflow, all of which are being met through SuccessFactors. Streamline, simplify, organize and automate continue to be the themes throughout the HCM transformation. As the project’s go-live date nears, tools to help prepare faculty and staff for the transition are being made available. For example, discussion guides are being used to introduce the redesigned processes and related functionality of SuccessFactors.
Additionally, Sneak Peek presentations have been created to give employees visibility into a few of the new redesigned processes. The SuccessFactors Sneak Peeks webpage showcases the discussion guides, PowerPoint presentations and Sneak Peek video demonstrations.
Recruitment and onboarding
The new SuccessFactors recruitment and onboarding modules will replace the current paper-driven processes. All staff, student and faculty recruitment activities will be processed through SuccessFactors, eliminating Taleo, Student Employment Management and other in-house/third-party systems.
The Recruitment and Onboarding Sneak Peek presentation shows the integration and automation from creating a position, to recruiting, hiring and onboarding a new employee. This integration will eliminate the current (20,000-plus) paper forms and actions processed today.
The following improvements are highlighted:
* Automated approval process and offer letter templates will be used.
* An online interviewing rating tool -- eliminating the collection of interview notes to be forwarded to Human Resources -- will be used.
* New employees will experience a streamlined hiring process, including receiving a single welcome email, accessing an online portal with new hire information and tax documents as well as receiving their career account, email account and computer access information electronically.
Time and leaves
Paper time cards will no longer be used; employees will use SuccessFactors to report and approve hours worked. Employees using Kronos today will continue to do so but will switch to either SuccessFactors or a Mobile Application in a future phased approach.
The Time and Leaves Sneak Peek presentation walks through how time and leave requests will be documented and approved in SuccessFactors. SuccessFactors uses time profiles -- which are configured and assigned to every employee.
* Positive timekeeping indicates that the employees document their time worked daily, and the supervisor will approve.
* Negative timekeeping indicates that the employee’s schedule designates hours worked and only exceptions (such as overtime) are keyed by employee and approved by supervisor.
The Time Processes (Timesheet and Approvals) sneak peek video demonstrates aspects of the time profiles and more.
The Time-Off (Leaves) sneak peek video demonstrates how to request time off and review balances.
Performance and goals
Leadership and Organizational Development within Human Resources will continue to manage performance and goals via SuccessFactors. A consistent process for performance management, including annual performance evaluations, and transparent employee development will now be completed via SuccessFactors. The Annual Evaluation Training for Staff – Sneak Peek presentation provides a variety of short videos that introduce employees to the new performance management system and how to use it.
* Visit the Transforming Human Capital Management webpage for more details on the HCM transformation.
* Questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Mark your calendars for 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. March 20 to attend the Transform Purdue Resource Fair. Specific details and invitations will be shared in the coming weeks.