Visits, Meetings, and Tours
All students, staff, faculty, and community members are invited and encouraged to spend time at the LGBTQ Center. In addition to a variety of resources and services offered at the LGBTQ Center, visitors can:
- Meet with a staff member
- Consult with staff members on a cultural immersion project or similar course assignment
- Tour the LGBTQ Center
- Utilize the LGBTQ Center to learn more about the LGBTQIA+ community
How to Visit the LGBTQ Center During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Visitors are welcome to stop by during drop-in hours, which are Monday-Friday, 12:00pm - 4:00pm.
- Check the LGBTQ Center's online occupancy counter before deciding to visit.
- Maximum occupancy of the LGBTQ Center is 12 visitors.
Step 1: Make sure you are wearing a mask. Be sure to use hand sanitizer once you enter the LGBTQ Center.
Step 2: Look for the tape markers on the floor and seating to figure out where to sit. Maintain at least 6 feet of distance between yourself and anyone else in the room.
Step 3: If you want to use the computer lab or social lounge, check the capacity signs next to the doorway before you enter.
Step 4: Have fun! If you have any questions or need assistance, ask a staff member.
LGBTQ Center staff members are available to discuss LGBTQIA+ issues and consult on a variety of topics with students, staff, faculty, and community members. Staff members have a wide range of expertise and are connected to a myriad of campus, local, state, and national resources to which they can make referrals as needed.
- All meetings with staff members will take place using a virtual platform such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams, or Webex.
- Staff are available to for virtual meetings, Monday-Friday from 9:00am - 12:00pm.
- To meet with a staff member, you can schedule a meeting by emailing the staff member you would like to meet with or by sending an email to LGBTQ@purdue.edu. Contact information for individual staff members can be found here.
Prospective Students and Employees
The LGBTQ Center frequently connects with prospective students and employees who are interested in LGBTQIA+ Life at Purdue University. You can speak with an LGBTQ Center staff member by stopping by Schleman Hall, Room 230 during a visit to campus, by sending an email to LGBTQ@purdue.edu, or by calling 765-496-6231.
If you are planning to tour Purdue University and you would like to meet with a member of the LGBTQ Center's staff, click the button below to schedule a visit.
LGBTQ Center staff regularly assist students who are completing cultural immersion projects and similar course assignments. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, all meetings and tours for cultural immersion projects and course assignments will be conducted via a virtual meeting platform.
Tours for Individuals and Small Groups (Less than 5 students)
The LGBTQ Center has scheduled regular hours for tours and interviews for students who have been assigned to work with a cultural center or diverse group for a class project or cultural immersion assignment. This change has been made to ensure the LGBTQ Center can continue to provide high quality tours and interviews while balancing the increasing number of daily visits and high demand for services.
Walk-in tours and interviews are available during the days and times listed below. To secure a specific time for a tour or interview, students are strongly encouraged to use the online reservation system by clicking on the button below.
Tours and interviews typically last no more than 30 minutes, but can be shorter depending on the requirements of the assignment.