|Time to Complete
The Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification online course is designed for professionals with full schedules and little or no prior experience with Lean Six Sigma. It provides students with an introduction to the tools, techniques and methodologies that will empower them to lead LSS projects in their organization. Students learn the problem-solving framework for improving processes – Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control (DMAIC) – and also receive instruction in the tools for streamlining production and services from end to end. By course completion, you will be well-versed in the knowledge and skills needed for successfully leading a Green Belt-level project to reduce or eliminate waste, lower defects in your organization’s products and processes, and improve customer satisfaction.
As a course graduate, you will be a certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt from Purdue University. You also have the option, at no additional cost, of earning 4.5 CEUs (continuing education units).
To learn more about Purdue University’s online Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification and , fill out this form. You can also call (888) 390-0499 to speak to one of our program advisors.
Who Can Benefit from a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
- Project managers and process owners who want to learn how use Lean Six Sigma to make improvement projects more successful.
- Financial managers, plant managers, floor supervisors and administrators who are seeking a proven method for dramatically improving their organization’s financial performance.
- Professionals in health care, education and the military, among many other industries, who are interested in pursuing Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification.
“This course has proved to be my best career investment. It easily, and quickly paid for itself. The Green Belt delivered as many applied tools as my MBA and returned many times what that degree has in terms of compensation.”
LSS Green Belt Course Graduate
The Purdue Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certificate Online Difference
Our Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification Online curriculum is particularly thorough, providing added Lean training and preparing students for the rigor of our Six Sigma Black Belt course. Instead of completing a Green Belt project, our students learn through case studies. This approach offers students greater flexibility and the opportunity to gain a more holistic understanding of tools for identifying waste and reducing defects. Students also are encouraged to begin thinking about their Black Belt projects. Many Black Belt certification courses include review of some Green Belt-level instruction and require no work on a Black Belt project during the course. Since Purdue online Black Belt students jump right into their project during the course, they must already know how to use many pivotal LSS tools.
- Relate LSS concepts to business objectives
- Identify waste within the value stream
- Demonstrate ability to effectively analyze and present data
- Define and apply team leadership tools
- Collect and process customer input/requirement
- Identify key metrics for measuring success
- Define the DMAIC process
- Effectively use tools and concepts associated with each phase of the DMAIC process
- Employ Lean Six Sigma skills in process improvement projects
Schedule and Time Commitment
The Lean Six Sigma Green Belt course is 100% online and instructor-led. It takes 10 weeks to complete. Students who successfully finish the course typically devote 45 hours to study, which includes about 25 hours of viewing video lectures and 20 hours of doing other coursework. Though the online format enables you to do your work when and where you want, there are weekly assignments and quizzes that must be completed on schedule. Instructors recommend that you plan on spending four to five hours each week studying.
Learning Tools and Activities
In addition to the learning tools and activities that are part of all Purdue online Lean Six Sigma Certification, LSS Green Belt students engage in assignments relating to a case study that simulates a real-world project.