Lean Principles Certificate
|Lean Principles Certificate Program|
|Course Availability||Every other month|
|Time to Complete||8 weeks|
Lean Principles is a certificate course in the Lean Six Sigma online courses offered through the Division of Engineering Professional Education at Purdue University. Participants will learn and develop an understanding of the critical concepts and themes associated with Lean operating systems deployment. A graduate of the Lean Principles course should be able to apply the management principles of Lean Thinking and effectively utilize several of the Lean tools to implement lean principles to improve a value stream. The instruction of the course within the online learning management system is delivered by a highly qualified Lean Six Sigma professional serving on a team of instructors in the online Lean Six Sigma program. There is ample opportunity for students to interact with the instructor and with the other learners in the online course through the discussion forums, through the optional live lecture and Q & A sessions delivered virtually through WebEx, and through emails and phone appointments. Three industry-specific learning tracks allow students to engage in the latest thinking on how to implement Lean concepts within their business environment. Each lesson is supported with research and readings targeted to either traditional manufacturing, healthcare and services, or IT and transactional business models. The tracks also extend to the discussion forums, enabling focused engagement with student peer groups.
To learn more about Purdue University’s online Lean Principles Certification course and download a free brochure, fill out the fields below. You can also call (888) 390-0499 to speak to one of our Program Advisors.
Purdue University respects your right to privacy. By submitting this form, you consent to receive emails and calls from a representative of Purdue University, which may include the use of automated technology. Consent is needed to contact you, but is not a requirement to register or enroll.
Who Can Benefit
- Project managers and process owners who want to learn and apply Lean management principles and lead a Lean transformation of an individual value stream.
- Professionals across nearly all fields, including manufacturing, communications, health care, education and military, who are seeking a proven method for dramatically improving their organization’s processes.
- Frontline employees who want to be change agents by introducing Lean to their company.
- Professionals interested in taking the next step toward Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification.
- Professionals at smaller organizations who want to reduce waste without committing to the time and resources of the full Lean Six Sigma Certification.
“ I started the Purdue Lean Six Sigma program with Lean Principles and now am taking the Green Belt course. Lean Principles was invaluable. The 14 management principles of the Toyota Way and associated skills and techniques apply to any organization in any industry, and I am implementing them in my own work in the financial services field. ”
Upon completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Articulate the business case for lean within their own business/industry
- Assess process maturity and health from a lean perspective
- Define a plan of action for lean deployment across an individual value stream
- Lead lean transformation of an individual value stream
- Describe the cores principles that define a lean operation
Upon successful completion of the program, you will earn certification in Lean Principles from Purdue University. You also have the option, at no additional cost, of earning 3.5 CEUs, which come with a Purdue transcript.
Schedule and Time Commitment
The 100% online, instructor-led Lean Principles course spans eight weeks. The amount of time students must invest to successfully complete this course is comparable to the time it takes to complete a week-long short course in a traditional on-campus environment. Though the online format enables you to do your work when and where you want, there are weekly assignments and quizzes that must be completed on schedule. Instructors recommend that you plan on studying 3.5 to 4 hours each week.