Lean Principles Certificate
|Lean Principles Certificate Program|
|Course Availability||Every other month|
|Time to Complete||8 weeks|
The Lean Principles online course provides learners with a personalized toolkit for implementing Lean methodologies into their organizations.
Participants learn and develop an understanding of the critical concepts associated with Lean operating systems deployment. Upon completing this course, they will be able to apply the management principles of Lean Thinking and effectively utilize Lean tools and principles to improve a value stream. Graduates will be able to make a compelling business case for bringing these optimizations into their workplace, and be confident that they can make meaningful change.
Purdue is one of the only Lean Principles online courses to offer specialization tracks, making this program a unique experience. Choose from three industry-specific pathways:
- General Business/IT
- Manufacturing Production
Students in each track interact with targeted content specific to their industry’s needs. The tracks also extend to the discussion forums, enabling focused engagement with peers in similar sectors.
To learn more about Purdue University’s online Lean Principles Certification course and download a free brochure, fill out the fields below. You can also call (888) 390-0499 to speak to one of our Program Advisors.
Purdue University respects your right to privacy. By submitting this form, you consent to receive emails and calls from a representative of Purdue University, which may include the use of automated technology. Consent is needed to contact you, but is not a requirement to register or enroll.
This course is taught by highly qualified Lean Six Sigma professionals who have decades of expertise in implementing Lean systems. These instructors bring a high degree of engagement to the course through discussion forums, optional live lectures with Q & A sessions delivered virtually through WebEx and emails and phone consultations with the instructor.
The Lean Principles course is part of the three-course series that also encompasses the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt and culminates with the Online Lean Six Sigma Black Belt. Students can take Lean Principles before or after the Green Belt course or on a stand-alone basis.
Who Can Benefit
- Project managers and process owners who want to learn and apply Lean management principles and lead a Lean transformation of an individual value stream.
- Professionals across nearly all fields, including manufacturing, communications, health care, education and the military, who are seeking a proven method for dramatically improving their organization’s processes.
- Frontline employees who want to be change agents by introducing Lean to their company.
- Professionals interested in taking the next step toward a Six Sigma Black Belt certification.
- Professionals at smaller organizations who want to reduce waste without committing to the time and resources of the full Lean Six Sigma Certification.
“ The students in our program go on to have an impact on their environment in a meaningful way, one that they can build on and be proud of. They also have confidence that the changes they implement are going to be good. ”
Upon completion of this course, students will earn an official certificate in Lean Principles from Purdue University. They will be able to:
- Articulate the business case for lean within their own business/industry
- Assess process maturity and health from a lean perspective
- Define a plan of action for lean deployment across an individual value stream
- Lead lean transformation of an individual value stream
- Describe the cores principles that define a lean operation
Students also have the option, at no additional cost, of earning 3.5 Continuing Education Units (CEUs), which come with an official Purdue transcript.
Schedule and Time Commitment
The 100% online, instructor-led Lean Principles course spans eight weeks. The amount of time students must invest to successfully complete this course is comparable to the time it takes to complete a week-long short course in an on-campus environment.
Though the online format enables learners to do their work when and where they want, there are weekly assignments and quizzes that must be completed on schedule. Learners need to attend/watch the live, weekly virtual lectures too, which are recorded for later viewing if the scheduled time is not convenient. Instructors recommend planning on spending four to five hours each week on course content.