To prepare Purdue WL campus instructors for summer and fall 2021 courses, IMPACT X+ will be offered May 17-June 4 and June 7-June 25. IMPACT X+ aims to support instructors in creating resilient, Hy-Flex, equitable, and student-centered courses. The program takes place over the course of three weeks and covers core elements of course design, with optional synchronous components in a cohort model.
IMPACT X+ will:
• Be offered 1) May 17-June 4 and 2) June 7-June 25.
• **Please note – These summer offerings only provide funding to those working OFF contract. Overload pay may be requested, but is not guaranteed.
• Include faculty exemplars and templates for the following course archetypes: 1) discussion/small group/project-based, 2) experiential/field work/clinical, 3) lab-intensive, 4) large lecture, and 5) writing-intensive.
• Incorporate asynchronous and optional synchronous components with fellow instructors and a support team, including topic-specific group discussions and drop-in help sessions.
• Cover the following topics:
- Creating a Student-Centered Learning Environment in [Archetype Name] Courses
- Developing Learning Outcomes and Objectives in [Archetype Name] Courses
- Measuring Student Learning: Assessments in [Archetype Name] Courses
- Student Learning: Activities in [Archetype Name] Courses
- Drawing It All Together: Course Structure, Schedule, and Syllabus