During the Fall 2020 semester, we will offer three iterations of an adapted version of IMPACT X+ in place of our full, semester-long faculty learning community, with the goal of supporting instructors in creating resilient, Hy-Flex, equitable, and student-centered courses. Each program offering takes place over the course of three weeks and covers core elements of course design, with optional synchronous components in a cohort model.
IMPACT X+ this fall will:
• Be offered once a month, running in October, November, and December.
• Include faculty exemplars and templates for the following course archetypes: 1) discussion/small group/project-based, 2) experiential/field work/clinical, 3) lab-intensive, 4) large lecture, and 5) writing-intensive.
• Incorporate asynchronous and optional synchronous components with fellow instructors and a support team, including topic-specific group discussions and drop-in help sessions.
• Provide funding of $1,000 to instructors upon completion of a Course Design Plan.
• Cover the following topics:
- Creating a Student-Centered Learning Environment in [Archetype Name] Courses
- Developing Learning Outcomes and Objectives in [Archetype Name] Courses
- Measuring Student Learning: Assessments in [Archetype Name] Courses
- Student Learning: Activities in [Archetype Name] Courses
- Drawing It All Together: Course Structure, Schedule, and Syllabus