Employment Verification – Using the Work Number (TWN)
The Work Number is an automated service contracted by Purdue University to allow employees to be able to quickly provide proof of employment or income. TWN is widely known to mortgage lenders, banks, apartment complexes, and others who may need proof of an employee’s employment or income. All data is stored in a secure data center. Learn more about the verification services online at https://www.theworknumber.com/employees/.
To obtain proof of employment, provide the verifier or person requesting the information permission to view your record.
- Social Security Number and name of your employer (Purdue’s Employer Code is 14300)
- Tell the verifier to visit theworknumber.com and register inside the verifier area.
Once registered, they will be able to verify your Employment (no income) in a matter of minutes through a secure web connection.
If employment plus income is needed, the employee must create a ‘salary key’ and provide it to the requestor.
- Access TWN, select Purdue University as your employer, your PUID number is the log-in and date of birth (MMDDYYYY) is the PIN or create new account.
- Click Prove Income to Verifiers to follow instructions to create Salary Key. (Purdue’s Employer Code is 14300)
- Open Salary Key tab within Employee section
- Click New Salary Key
- Click E-mail or Print in order to provide the Salary Key information to your lender.
- Provide email address of lender to send Salary Key email. The salary key is good for six months.
Contact email@example.com with further questions.