MISSION, GOALS & OBJECTIVES
The Purdue University Athletic Training Program is a cooperative educational program housed in the Department of Health & Kinesiology with support from the Division of Intercollegiate Athletics, the Division of Recreational Sports, and the Purdue University Student Health Center. The purpose of the program is to prepare students as entry-level athletic trainers through an extensive curriculum of didactic and clinical experiences as set forth in the CAATE "Standards for the Accreditation of Entry-Level Athletic Training Programs". By successfully completing this program the student will have the knowledge base necessary to sit for, and pass, the BOC Certification Examination and begin a career in one of the many employment settings available to athletic trainers.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:
Goal #1: Athletic training students will demonstrate mastery of the knowledge and skills appropriate to the student’s level in the athletic training program.
- 1.1 Students will demonstrate foundational knowledge related to the practice of athletic training.
- 1.2 Students will demonstrate specific knowledge related to the practice of athletic training.
Goal #2: Athletic training students will model personal and professional attitude and behaviors and ethical practices during all phases of the athletic training program.
- 2.1 Students will demonstrate effective professional attitude and behavior
- 2.2 Students will demonstrate service and involvement in the profession
Goal #3: Athletic training students will demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively to patients, family, and health care personnel appropriate to their level of understanding.
- 3.1 Students will demonstrate effective oral and non-verbal communication skills
- 3.2 Students will demonstrate effective written communication skills
Purdue University's Bachelor of Science in Athletic Training is fully accredited by:
The Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE)
2001 K Street NW, Third Floor North
Washington, DC, 2006
Our most recent comprehensive accreditation review was in 2016-2017. Our next comprehensive review is scheduled for 2026-2027.