Supported Degree Objectives
- Master of Fine Arts (MFA)
Required Supporting Documents
- Recommendation Letters
- Academic Statement of Purpose
- Personal History Statement
- Visual Portfolio:
- "Visual Portfolio": 20 individual works uploaded with indication of title, date, size, medium (and possibly a very short project description). For videos and other time-based work we recommend a representative still image and a website and/or Youtube/Vimeo URL submitted in the written portion for this slide. Optional: to submit a short (50-100 word) project description for each slide if desired... (It sometimes helps to read about the context of a specific work and how the applicant sees the work's desired message).
English Proficiency Requirements
- This program accepts the Graduate School's basic requirements as described on the English Proficiency Requirements page.
Master's Degree Program Requirements
- Cumulative Grade Point Average from most recently conferred undergraduate, graduate, or professional degree:
- 3.0 or equivalent (A=4.0)
- Minimum of 3 undergraduate hours in Western art or design history
- Field of study: most applicants have majored in either art or design or have equivalent experience in an art or design field. All applicants are expected to present a professional-quality portfolio.
Fall Spring Summer January 15* No Entry No Entry
- *Priority deadline for consideration for teaching assistantships. Final deadlines are the same as the Graduate School’s (July for international, August for domestic). Only a limited number of admissions may be granted to applicants whose application is completed after the priority deadline.
Program Contact Information
- Applicant should indicate Area of Focus