Supported Degree Objectives
- Master of Science (MS)
- Non Degree
Required Supporting Documents
English Proficiency Requirements
Master's Degree Program Requirements
- Cumulative Grade Point Average from most recently conferred undergraduate, graduate, or professional degree:
- 3.0 or equivalent (A=4.0)
- Students may be admitted with conditions of continued enrollment under the following three circumstances:
- 1.) When the applicant's background shows some academic deficiency.
- 2.) When the applicant's GPA at the institution from which he/she most recently graduated is lower than 3.0/4.0. In addition, the Graduate School may place a condition on the amount of prior coursework available for use on a graduate plan of study.
- 3.) When a required supporting document from the applicant is missing.
Fall Spring Summer August 15 December 15 May 15 U.S. Citizen June 1 October 1 No Entry International
Program Contact Information
*Additional GRE Information
- All applicants, with a few exceptions, are required to submit GRE scores (General: Verbal Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning, and Analytical Writing sections). Test applications are available from Educational Testing Services (ETS) and should be submitted by the students to ETS before the examination. Applicants should request an official report of scores sent directly to Purdue University Northwest, Calumet Campus by the Educational Testing Service; our school code is #001638 for all standardized tests. Scores more than 24 months old are not accepted.
- As an alternative to the GRE scores, Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) scores may be used.
- GRE scores are waived for applicants who:
- 1.) have received a B.S. degree in Life Sciences including biological sciences at any Purdue University campus with GPA > 3.25 in biology courses and all courses;
- 2.) are expecting a B.S. degree in Life Sciences from any Purdue University campus within a semester with GPA > 3.25 in biology courses and all courses;
- 3.) have completed at least two biology graduate level courses (> 6 credits) as a non-degree seeking student at Purdue University Northwest with GPA > 3.25;
- 4.) are biology majors at Purdue University Northwest and apply for 4+1 Biological Sciences Dual Degree Program.
- Contact Dr. Evert Ting, Graduate Coordinator (email@example.com) for more information.