Supported Degree Objectives
- Master of Music Therapy (MMT)
- Non Degree
Required Supporting Documents
English Proficiency Requirements
- This program accepts the Graduate School's basic requirements as described on the English Proficiency Requirements page.
Master's Degree Program Requirements
- Cumulative Grade Point Average from most recently conferred undergraduate, graduate, or professional degree:
- 3.0 or equivalent (A=4.0)
- After meeting general requirements for admission to the PFW Graduate School, applicants for this program must meet the following additional requirements:
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in music therapy, music, or a closely related field with a music minor or 18 credits or more in college-level music study
- Submission of an application essay to demonstrate written communication skills
- Successfully pass a functional music skills audition, including performance on a primary instrument or voice, and demonstration of functional guitar, keyboard, and vocal skills at professional entry-level competency as defined by AMTA
- Successfully complete an interview with music therapy graduate faculty to assess verbal communication skills, social interaction skills, and understanding of the program demands
- For applicants without an undergraduate degree in music therapy or board certification:
- a minimum of 15 credits of undergraduate course work in human and social sciences, including courses in elementary psychology, abnormal psychology, and human biology
- additional course work is required to gain equivalency and for eligibility for board certification (see MMT/E curriculum)
- application deadline is March 15 for summer entry only.
Fall Spring Summer* July 15 October 15 March 15 MMT
*Only summer entry is available for applicants without an undergraduate degree in music therapy or board certification.
Program Contact Information