Human Resources email provides benefit open enrollment clarifications
November 6, 2015
Human Resources would like to remind all benefits-eligible faculty and staff -- including those who opt out of Purdue medical coverage -- to review the information included in Thursday's (Nov. 5) email regarding open enrollment clarifications. The information can be easily accessed here.
Choices made during this open enrollment period will become effective Jan. 1, 2016, and will stay in effect through Dec. 31, 2016. No changes can be made once open enrollment closes at 6 p.m. ET Nov. 13 unless there is a qualifying life event (change in family status).
As employees make their benefit elections for 2016, Human Resources would like to remind everyone:
* Carefully review elections to ensure that enrollment has been completed properly.
* Employees who have not yet enrolled are encouraged to do so now to avoid heavy traffic on the enrollment site. Employees who have already enrolled but now may want to make changes are encouraged to do so. Changes can be made as often as necessary before 6 p.m. ET Nov. 13. At that point, elections are final and no changes can be made.
* EBenefits will instantly provide a confirmation statement when enrollment is completed. The confirmation page will house a confirmation number and show the effective date of benefits as 1/1/2016. Employees will also receive an EBenefits confirmation email that will include their confirmation number along with a note stating their records indicate they have completed their 2016 open enrollment. Employees are encouraged to print and/or save the confirmation for their records.
* Delta Dental will continue to be the plan administrator for all dental options. Additional dental plan information is available via the 2016 Dental Plan Scenarios and Frequently Asked Questions.
* Resources are available including live presentations and walk-in labs. Employees are encouraged to attend a presentation and/or walk-in lab for face-to-face assistance with their enrollment.
* The dedicated open enrollment website offers a wealth of information to help employees ensure they make the best selections for themselves and their families. From the website, faculty and staff can access not only the specific how-to's of open enrollment but also medical and prescription information to help them select coverage best suited to their needs.
Human Resources can be contacted at 49-42222, firstname.lastname@example.org or www.purdue.edu/HRHelp for additional assistance. Faculty and staff at Calumet, Fort Wayne and North Central campuses may contact their campus HR office for assistance.