Submission guidelines for Purdue Today
News, calendar items and story ideas may be submitted to Purdue Today through:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Campus mail: Valerie O'Brien, Marketing and Media, South Campus Courts, Building D
Submissions should include:
- A suggested use: feature story, news item, calendar listing, etc., subject to editorial decision.
- Relevant contact information including names, telephone and e-mail addresses for the sources involved. Indicate whether this information is only for our office use or if it should appear in the published information.
- Online links to necessary, contextual information.
- Requested date of publication and/or vital time elements, such as registration deadlines.
The deadline to submit items for Purdue Today is one week before the requested date of publication. If more urgent, call the Purdue Today editor at 765-494-9573.
Calendar listing suggestions should be submitted by the Wednesday before the week (Monday-Sunday) of the event.
A Purdue Today editor will contact the submitter for confirmation within two working days and will work with the source to create a final, approved version. Purdue Today reserves the right to approve and make final editorial decisions on all items.
"Thumbs Up" gives faculty and staff the chance to recognize others on campus for a job well done. "Thumbs Up" submissions are published in the order they are received.