CSSAC accepting nominations for Excellence Award
July 28, 2014
The Clerical and Service Staff Advisory Committee is now accepting nominations for the CSSAC Excellence Award, which recognizes clerical and service staff members who perform at outstanding levels.
Nominations will be accepted until 5 p.m. Aug. 8. The award is sponsored by the Office of the Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer, and the Office of the Provost.
The annual award was created as a campus-wide way of recognizing and honoring clerical and service staff members (operations/technical staff are not eligible). It will recognize a full-time clerical staff member and a full-time service staff member from the West Lafayette campus who:
* Consistently goes above and beyond their job requirements.
* Demonstrates exemplary conduct and leadership skills.
* Provides exemplary customer service.
* Shows initiative.
Nominees must have completed at least three years of continuous service to the University. Each winner will receive a plaque and $1,500 that is subject to tax withholdings.
CSSAC representatives cannot be nominated, but anyone at Purdue can submit nominations.
Nominations must include:
* A concise summary statement that is two pages or less in length. The summary must outline the nominee's ability to consistently go above and beyond his or her job requirements, demonstrate exemplary conduct and leadership skills, provide exemplary customer service and show initiative.
* Only two letters of support from any faculty members, staff members or students. Letters of support must be two pages or less in length.
Nominations can be forwarded as hard copies or electronically to Carrie Hanson at Human Resources in FREH or email@example.com.
Sandy Formica and Andy Linvill were the inaugural recipients of CSSAC Excellence Awards in 2013.
For more information, contact Hanson at 49-47397 or firstname.lastname@example.org.