February 20, 2014
Panel named for evaluating security feedback
Provost Tim Sands announced today (Feb. 20) the members of a panel that will evaluate feedback provided regarding preparedness and security after the tragic events of Jan. 21 on the West Lafayette campus.
A link on the Purdue home page has provided a mechanism for input and will be available through Friday (Feb. 21) for anyone who would still like to contribute.
Members of the panel, who will evaluate potential improvements in process or protocol, will review input from the home page button as well as input provided via email, letters and phone calls over the past weeks. Sands and Al Diaz, executive vice president for business and finance, treasurer, will give the panel its charge on Feb. 26 and will receive the panel's final report.
Panel members are:
* Stuart Bolton, professor of mechanical engineering and University Senate representative.
* Mike Cline, vice president for physical facilities.
* Arnaud Couterieux, graduate student representative.
* John Cox, chief of police.
* Eric Dietz, professor of computer and information technology.
* Barb Frazee, executive director of University Residences.
* Julie Griffith, vice president for public affairs.
* Patricia Hart, professor of Spanish -- panel chair.
* Meg Highley, student representative.
* Jim Hintz, associate dean of students.
* Mark Kebert, risk manager.
* Beth Kozik, assistant dean of students, crisis management.
* Kevin Ply, fire chief.
* Kathleen Prechtel, parent representative.
* David Shaw, chief information security officer.
* Carol Shelby, senior director of environmental health and public safety.
* Steve Schultz, legal counsel.