Evening sessions added for two benefit presentations; daytime sessions continue in September
August 30, 2013
Human Resources has added two evening sessions to help faculty and staff boost their understanding of today's health care environment and learn more about 2014 medical plan options.
"Health Care: Moving Forward in 2014"
This event reviews dynamics affecting Purdue's medical plans, highlights Purdue's proactive steps to control costs while continuing to provide high-quality, affordable health care for faculty and staff, and gives an overview of all three 2014 medical plan options.
An evening session will be offered at 6-7:30 p.m. Sept. 18 (W) in Stewart Center, Room 202.
Remaining daytime sessions for "Health Care: Moving Forward in 2014" are:
* Sept. 5 (Th) -- 2-3:15 p.m., Freehafer Hall, Room 1-1/1-2
* Sept. 9 (M) -- 2:30-3:45 p.m., LILY 2102
* Sept. 10 (Tu) -- 11 a.m.-12:15 p.m., Burton Morgan Center, Room 121
* Sept. 13 (F) -- 10-11:15 a.m., Freehafer Hall, Room 1-1/1-2
* Sept. 24 (Tu) -- 8:30-9:45 a.m., Neil Armstrong Hall, Room 1109
"Is a High-Deductible Medical Plan Your Best Choice?"
This event covers how a high-deductible medical plan with a health savings account (HSA) works. The session explores questions people commonly have when considering a move to a high-deductible medical plan and looks at the advantages of an HSA.
The evening session for this presentation will be at 5-6:30 p.m. Oct. 2 (W) in Stewart Center, Room 202.
Remaining daytime sessions for "Is a High-Deductible Medical Plan Your Best Choice?" are:
* Sept. 13 (F) -- 1-2:15 p.m., Freehafer Hall, Room 1-1/1-2
* Sept. 19 (Th) -- 10:30-11:45 a.m., University Hall, Room 017
* Sept. 24 (Tu) -- 10-11:15 a.m., Neil Armstrong Hall, Room 1109
* Sept. 25 (W) -- 2-3:15 p.m., Physics Building, Room 331
The sessions are open to all benefits-eligible Purdue employees and their spouses/same-sex domestic partners. Employees may attend in paid status with supervisor approval. Pre-registration is not required.For more information on 2014 medical plans, go www.purdue.edu/benefits, call 49-42222 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.