March 25, 2013
2013 Murphy Award recipients announced
Purdue has honored six exceptional teachers with the 2013 Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching Awards in Memory of Charles B. Murphy.
This year's recipients are:
* Eric Barker, associate dean for research and professor of medicinal chemistry and molecular pharmacology.
* Peter Hollenbeck, professor of biological sciences.
* George Hollich, associate professor of psychological sciences.
* Fred Mannering, the Charles Pankow Professor of Civil Engineering.
* Marcy Towns, professor of chemistry.
* Mariko Wei, associate professor of Japanese and linguistics.
The University's highest undergraduate teaching honor, the Murphy Award is accompanied by a $10,000 cash award and induction into Purdue's Teaching Academy, which provides leadership for the improvement of undergraduate, graduate and outreach teaching. Murphy was a history professor at Purdue between 1927 and 1970.
A list of past Murphy Award recipients may be found at www.purdue.edu/provost/faculty/awards/charles_murphy.html.