Reporting to Law Enforcement

If you are in danger, call 9-1-1.

You have the right to report what happened to you to the police. You also have the right to have an advocate, either from Purdue's Center for Advocacy, Response, and Education (CARE) or a community agency, present with you at all meetings with law enforcement. Below are the four police departments in the Greater Lafayette community. You should contact the police department that is responsible for the specific location where the assault occurred. If you are not sure which police department to contact, the Purdue University Police Department is happy to speak with you to assist in determining which is the most appropriate department to contact.

The following information is provided for the West Lafayette Campus and surrounding areas. For a full list of resources available system-wide, please see the Title IX Quick Reference Guide.

On-Campus Incidents 

(includes residence halls, fraternity, sorority, and cooperative houses):

Off-Campus Incidents:

For regional campus resources, please see the Title IX Quick Reference Guide.