March 8, 2023
Purdue Women’s Conference 2023 to feature more than 20 empowering speakers
The annual conference, which focuses on professional and personal development, will draw women from around the world looking to engage, connect and grow within a supportive community of Purdue alumnae and friends.
“This year we’re welcoming Purdue women back to campus for a special opportunity to build our supportive sisterhood,” said Jillian Henry, vice president of engagement at the Purdue for Life Foundation. “This annual conference brings together Purdue alumnae and friends – from diverse industries and career levels – who want to learn from and encourage each other. We are excited to host this conference again after last year’s success.”
The conference will include keynotes by top speakers as well as 20 focused breakout sessions. The featured speaker is Sharon Hagle, who founded SpaceKids Global and traveled to space in 2022. Other keynote speakers include:
- DaVida L. Anderson (LA ’06), founder and executive director of Strong Sister, Silly Sister; CEO of DLA; and director of student care and integrity at Carroll Community College.
- Michelle Gladieux (HHS ’93, MS T ’95), president of Gladieux Consulting.
- Virginia Jacko (MS HHS ’75), president and CEO of Miami Lighthouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired; president of Florida Heiken Children’s Vision Program; and president and founder of Miami Lighthouse Academy.
Registration is open and can be completed online.
- $249 for members of the Purdue Alumni Association, John Purdue Club, President’s Council or Parents & Families Club.
- $299 for nonmembers.
- $199 for employees and students from all Purdue campuses and Purdue Global.
- Register by March 31 for a $50 discount (not applicable for the employee and student rate).
About Purdue University
Purdue University is a top public research institution developing practical solutions to today’s toughest challenges. Ranked in each of the last five years as one of the 10 Most Innovative universities in the United States by U.S. News & World Report, Purdue delivers world-changing research and out-of-this-world discovery. Committed to hands-on and online, real-world learning, Purdue offers a transformative education to all. Committed to affordability and accessibility, Purdue has frozen tuition and most fees at 2012-13 levels, enabling more students than ever to graduate debt-free. See how Purdue never stops in the persistent pursuit of the next giant leap at https://purdue.edu/.
About the Purdue for Life Foundation
The Purdue for Life Foundation helps friends and alumni of Purdue University stay connected, get involved and give back. Created on March 11, 2020, the foundation deepens alumni ties to Purdue, drives and coordinates all alumni-related activities across the Purdue family’s post-graduation lives and works with alumni and friends to garner support for the university.
Our organization combines the alumni engagement function of the Purdue Alumni Association and the University Development Office, and it includes President’s Council, the John Purdue Club and the Office of Industry Partnerships, as well as alumni lifelong learning programs and on-campus residential opportunities. Learn more at https://purdueforlife.org/.
Writer: Calandra Weaver, email@example.com
Media contact: Maria Whipple, firstname.lastname@example.org