November 28, 2022
Health care appreciation award to be paid in Nov. 30 paycheck
As announced by university officials earlier this year, all employees participating in one of Purdue’s medical plans as of Nov. 1, 2022, will receive a health care appreciation payment of $225 in their Nov. 30 paycheck (equal to two months of the average employee premium). The payment is in appreciation of their actions in establishing Purdue as a leader in delivering high-quality benefits with innovative population health solutions at the lowest possible costs.
To establish the award amount, the total premium received by all employees for the calendar year was taken and divided by the number of employees enrolled in a Purdue medical plan.
Some guidelines for the appreciation payment:
- Those who were employed on or before Nov. 1 but leave the university – whether by termination or retirement – before the payment is made will not receive the payment; faculty and staff must be employed at the time of the award payout.
- If an employee and their spouse both work at Purdue, only the employee who carries the insurance will receive the payment.
- Student employees and temporary employees will not receive the appreciation payment.
- Retirement contributions will apply to those contributing to a voluntary retirement plan, based on their current contribution election. Employees enrolled in Civil Service, PERF and Purdue Matching Retirement and Savings Plans retirement programs will receive university contributions on the appreciation award. Faculty and staff participating in the Purdue Standard Retirement and Savings Plans retirement program will not receive university contributions on the award.
- The payment is subject to the supplemental tax rate of 22% for federal income tax withholding. Normal tax rates apply for Social Security, Medicare, state income and county income tax withholdings.
Questions regarding the health care appreciation award payment should be directed to Human Resources at 765-494-2222, toll-free at 877-725-0222 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.