September 7, 2022
Faculty Champions named for health equity initiatives
Six faculty members were selected as the inaugural West Lafayette campus Faculty Champions for Purdue’s health equity initiatives. The initiatives are led by Dr. Jerome Adams, executive director of health equity initiatives.
Two Faculty Champions will co-lead efforts in each of three thematic pillars: 1) Food for Health, 2) Infectious Diseases, and 3) Mental Health and Substance Misuse.
The Faculty Champions for each pillar are:
Food for Health
- Haley Oliver, professor, Department of Food Science, College of Agriculture.
- William Clark, professor, Davidson School of Chemical Engineering, College of Engineering.
- Randolph Hubach, associate professor, Department of Public Health, College of Health and Human Sciences.
- Steve Steinhubl, professor, Weldon School of Biomedical Engineering, College of Engineering.
Mental Health and Substance Misuse
- Nicole Adams, clinical associate professor, Department of Nursing, College of Health and Human Sciences.
- Hugh Lee, associate professor, Weldon School of Biomedical Engineering, College of Engineering.
More information about the Faculty Champions can be found on the health equity initiatives website.
The Faculty Champions now will begin the recruitment process for those interested in work-group engagement. For more information or to get involved, contact Holly Wood, senior director of health equity initiatives, at firstname.lastname@example.org.