September 20, 2021
Campus community invited to Butler Center Drop-in on Oct. 5
The Susan Bulkeley Butler Center for Leadership Excellence is inviting faculty, staff and students to a Support Circle WEN-U Drop-in at noon-1:30 pm Oct. 5 in Dauch Alumni Center.
This session is structured as a conversation/discussion with leaders at different levels of the University and from across colleges. The leaders will offer a brief description of their responsibilities and how those relate to understanding culture, colleagues and support, and how they interface with other leaders. Realistic expectations of how their position functions and where additional support may reside will be discussed through various vignettes. This 90-minute panel will include about 30 minutes (total) of remarks by all the panelists with most of the time set for a discussion of the vignettes.
The speakers for this session are:
- Kathleen Howell, the Hsu Lo Distinguished Professor of Aeronautics and Astronautics.
- Klod Kokini, professor of mechanical engineering.
- Candace Croney, director of the Center for Animal Welfare Science and professor of animal behavior and well-being.
- Linda Prokopy, professor and head of the Department of Horticulture and Landscape Architecture and professor of forestry and natural resources.
- Donna Riley, the Kamyar Haghighi Head of the School of Engineering Education.
- Jeffrey Dukes, professor of forestry and natural resources and biological sciences, director of Purdue Climate Change Research Center, and the Belcher Chair for Environmental Sustainability in the College of Science.
This session will be offered both in-person and livestreaming. A boxed lunch will be served to in-person attendees. All attendees must adhere to Protect Purdue guidelines.