April 7, 2021
Center for Healthy Living adjusts appointment protocols as part of phased-approach for in-person care
The Center for Healthy (CHL) on Purdue’s West Lafayette campus announces changes to office protocol and patient visits as part of its phased approach to reopening for in-person medical appointments.
Effective now, the following updates are in place:
- The clinic doors will be unlocked during normal business hours.
- Direct appointment booking is available online for in-person clinic visits.
In addition, plans are underway to resume walk-in appointments for sick/urgent care and labs within the next six months, pending COVID-19 rates and guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. More details will be shared as plans develop.
“Continuing to assist patients while ensuring the health and safety of all involved remains our priority,” says Jen Hodges, executive vice president of operations at CHL. “These small changes bring us closer to a return to pre-pandemic operations within CHL.”
As a reminder, the following services are available as in-patient visits:
- Annual physicals/well visits.
- Pharmacy – medication management and/or medication refills.
- Chronic condition management – diabetes, asthma, etc.
- Health coaching – including tobacco cessation, weight management, etc.
- Employee assistance counseling.
- Dietitian appointments.
Telehealth services remain in place as well.
“As we’ve done since March 2020, the University and CHL continue to put the safety and well-being of our Purdue employees and CHL staff members in the forefront as they determine needed adjustments to protocols and processes to return us to a more recognizable way of life,” says Candace Shaffer, senior director of benefits in Human Resources.
To schedule an appointment, patients can call 765-494-0111 or use the CHL portal.