September 23, 2020
Virtual assistance on Medicare, Social Security and health savings accounts available
In preparation for open enrollment for 2021, virtual presentations and one-on-one assistance will be available for employees who are approaching age 65 in 2021 to help them understand Medicare, Social Security and the effect those could have on health savings accounts (HSAs).
Resources available to employees:
The “Thinking about Medicare?” video will demonstrate to employees how Medicare and Social Security affect their Purdue health coverage and HSA.
Each presentation will provide answers to questions such as:
- What do I do for open enrollment if I am planning to retire during 2021?
- I am turning 65 in 2021. Should I take Medicare coverage if I will still be working?
- I am thinking about beginning to draw Social Security benefits in 2021. What do I need to consider?
- Am I eligible for an HSA if I am turning 65 in 2021?
- How can I maximize on my HSA contributions if I will retiree during 2021?
Virtual one-on-one meetings: Those with additional questions, or questions that are specific to their personal situation, have the opportunity to book one-on-one appointments with a benefits specialist. One-on-one meetings will be held virtually via Microsoft Teams.
Click here to schedule. Select "Medicare, Social Security and Preparing for Retirement,” choose a date and time, enter your contact information and remember to include information on the topics you would like to discuss in the notes box.
For assistance scheduling, contact the HR Service Center at 765-494-2222, toll-free at 877-725-0222 or via email at email@example.com.