February 28, 2020
Purdue Teaching Academy announces 2020 inductees
The Purdue University Teaching Academy has announced eight inductees for 2020 in recognition of their outstanding and scholarly teaching in graduate, undergraduate or engagement programs. Candidates were identified by their individual department or college/school based upon evidence of excellence in teaching, innovation in teaching methodology, teaching-related service, and scholarship in teaching and learning.
The new Teaching Academy fellows are:
- Elizabeth Flaherty, Forestry and Natural Resources, College of Agriculture.
- Jane Krause, Pharmacy Practice, College of Pharmacy.
- Lata Krishnan, Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences, College of Health and Human Sciences.
- Wen-wen Tung, Earth, Atmospheric, and Planetary Sciences, College of Science.
- Adam Watkins, Honors College.
The new Teaching Academy associates are:
- Jenny Beal, Pharmacy Practice, College of Pharmacy.
- Alissa Cress, Educational Studies, College of Education.
- Jennifer Hall, Communication, College of Liberal Arts.
Inductees will be formally recognized for this achievement during the "Night of Teaching Excellence" on Oct. 1 hosted by the Office of the Provost. This event celebrates Purdue’s university-level teaching award winners.
The Teaching Academy at Purdue strives to bring together the best teaching faculty and graduate students across campus to create a collective voice for teaching excellence. In partnership with the Office of the Provost and the Center for Instructional Excellence, the Teaching Academy sponsors a variety of programs and activities fostering educational creativity, innovation, and effectiveness both in and outside the classroom.