September 10, 2019
Purdue Benefits announces fall date for Road to Retirement
The Road to Retirement program, offered by the Purdue Human Resources team, is designed to assist employees in preparing for life after retirement. The program is held twice a year for benefits-eligible employees age 50 or older who have three or more years of service. The next event will be held Sept. 26 in Stewart Center.
Attendees are welcome to check out any sessions of interest; no registration is necessary. Employees may attend in paid status with their supervisor's permission.
Speakers focus on what employees need to consider as they approach retirement, retirement procedures and timing, how benefits work together upon retirement, medical and life insurance options in retirement and health savings account tips.
Six organizations will share information at Road to Retirement:
* Fidelity presentation at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. in Stewart Center, Room 302.
* Henriott Group/Marketplace Health Care Options presentation at 9 a.m. in Stewart Center, Room 302 and 4 p.m. in Stewart Center, Room 310.
* PERF presentation at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. in Stewart Center, Room 306.
* Purdue University Retirees Association/Retiree Health Plan Options presentation at 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. in Stewart Center, Room 302.
* Social Security presentation at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. in Stewart Center, Room 302.
* TIAA presentation at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. in Stewart Center, Room 310.
Attendees who are planning to attend a Social Security presentation are asked to visit the Social Security website at www.ssa.gov and register for an account to see an estimate of their anticipated benefit.
Additional information on preparing for retirement can be found on the Retirement Readiness website.