July 15, 2019
LinkedIn Learning tool to offer online access to professional resources
Purdue is upgrading its Lynda.com account to the new LinkedIn Learning tool on Thursday (July 18). LinkedIn Learning will provide faculty and staff with broader access to on-demand learning videos and resources to help build and improve their professional skills.
LinkedIn Learning will offer the same Lynda.com content, and employees will continue to have access to their learning history, account information and certifications. Access to the LinkedIn Learning solution is available on the Human Resources Leadership and Organizational Development website.
With LinkedIn Learning, employees get:
- Unlimited access. Choose from more than 5,000 video tutorials covering business, creative and technology topics.
- Personalized recommendations. Explore the most in-demand skills based on experience.
- Expert instructors. Learn from industry leaders, all in one place.
- Convenient learning. Access courses when it’s convenient, from any desktop or mobile device.
- Helpful resources. Reinforce new knowledge with quizzes, exercise files and coding practice windows.
The new LinkedIn Learning portal will launch on Thursday (July 18) with a small service disruption on Wednesday (July 17). When logging in to LinkedIn Learning for the first time, employees will have the option to integrate with a LinkedIn social network account. All other functionality should be transparent to end users.
Questions can be directed to LOD@purdue.edu.