February 12, 2019

Nominations sought for 2019 Jischke Outstanding International Student of the Year

Faculty and staff are invited to nominate a graduating senior for the Martin C. Jischke Outstanding International Student of the Year Award.

The Martin C. Jischke Outstanding International Student of the Year Award is presented each spring to honor a graduating Purdue undergraduate international student who has helped the University welcome and connect people of all cultures. 

Faculty and staff are invited to nominate students who best fulfill the following requirements:

* Graduating senior who has attained a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.  A “graduating senior” is an undergraduate international student graduating in December 2018, May 2019 or August 2019.

* Commitment to scholarship (academic achievement/recognition in other areas such as research, publications, presentations, etc.).

* Commitment to leadership (demonstrated at Purdue through departmental/student organization affiliation or employment).

* Commitment to service (welcomes and connects people of all cultures, both on campus and in our community).

* Outstanding character.

All nominations must be submitted electronically on the 2019 Martin C. Jischke International Student Award nomination form. Three letters of support will be accepted with each nomination. Nominations are due by noon March 15.

A committee of representatives from across campus will select the award recipient. The recipient will receive a monetary award from the Jischke Endowment and be honored at the International Programs awards celebration on April 16.

For more information, contact Beth Tucker, intercultural learning specialist in the Office of International Students and Scholars, at btucker1@purdue.edu.

Faculty-Staff News

More News

Purdue University, 610 Purdue Mall, West Lafayette, IN 47907, (765) 494-4600

© 2015-20 Purdue University | An equal access/equal opportunity university | Copyright Complaints | Maintained by Office of Strategic Communications

Trouble with this page? Disability-related accessibility issue? Please contact News Service at purduenews@purdue.edu.