January 30, 2019

Enrollment in voluntary retirement savings plans always available

Purdue offers all employees, including temporary and student workers, the opportunity to contribute some of their salary to a tax-favored retirement program through automatic payroll deductions. The University offers two voluntary savings plan options through Fidelity. The Purdue-dedicated Fidelity website is available around the clock, allowing Purdue faculty and staff to manage their voluntary retirement savings contributions and investment mix year-round. 
"Enrollment in voluntary retirement savings plans can take place any time throughout the year. With the beginning of the new year and tax season upon us, now is a great time for employees to refresh their savings and retirement goals,” says Janine Gulbranson, retirement programs administrator in Human Resources. “Employees can jump start the new year by electing to begin or increase their contributions – allowing for tax savings while saving for retirement."

Through the Purdue-dedicated site, faculty and staff can begin, stop, increase or decrease contributions to voluntary retirement savings at any time. The site also provides access to change the future investment mix for any of the employee's Purdue retirement account contributions, including Purdue's contribution and the employee's contribution. Pre-tax and Roth savings options are available with a range of investment alternatives. Funds are immediately vested and may be retained or rolled over upon separation from Purdue. For more information, call Fidelity at 800-343-0860.

Graduate students and other staff not participating in a retirement plan funded by the University are also welcome to contribute to voluntary retirement savings through the Purdue/Fidelity arrangement. Contact Human Resources at 765-494-1686 to get started.

Faculty-Staff News

More News

Purdue University, 610 Purdue Mall, West Lafayette, IN 47907, (765) 494-4600

© 2015-19 Purdue University | An equal access/equal opportunity university | Copyright Complaints | Maintained by Office of Strategic Communications

Trouble with this page? Disability-related accessibility issue? Please contact News Service at purduenews@purdue.edu.