September 20, 2018
Purdue to initiate dean search for Libraries
Jay Akridge, provost and executive vice president for academic affairs and diversity, has announced the start of a national search for the next dean of Purdue University Libraries.
"Purdue Libraries faculty and staff are known for being creative, collaborative and innovative," Akridge says. "In addition to their many current contributions, the talented members of this unit will play a key role in our campus-wide Integrated Data Science Initiative and undergraduate research under the direction of the new dean. To better reflect the broader contributions they make to the campus and their future direction, the Libraries faculty and staff are in the process of identifying a new name for the unit. We will be looking for a leader who will help take our (renamed) Libraries to even higher levels of excellence and impact."
David Reingold, the Justin S. Morrill Dean of the College of Liberal Arts, will chair the search. Rhonda Phillips, dean of the Honors College, is continuing her service as interim dean of Purdue Libraries.
Members of the search advisory committee are:
* David Reingold, dean, College of Liberal Arts (chair).
* Robert Boehnlein, chairperson, Dean's Advisory Council, Libraries.
* RaeLynn Boes, operations manager of humanities, social sciences, education and business, Libraries.
* Sylvie Brouder, professor and Wickersham Chair of Excellence in Agricultural Research.
* Darcy Bullock, Lyles Family Professor of Civil Engineering and director, Joint Transportation Research Program.
* Donna Ferullo, interim associate dean for academic affairs, director of the University Copyright Office and professor of library science.
* Tammy Guerrero, professor of library science and director of university libraries, Purdue Northwest.
* Erla Heyns, associate professor and head, humanities, social science, education and business division, Libraries.
* Jean-Pierre V.M. Hérubel, professor of library science and associate collections librarian.
* Nastasha Johnson, assistant professor of library science.
* Logan Jordan, associate dean of administration, School of Management.
* Nicole Kong, associate professor of library science, geographic information specialist.
* Zhe Li, graduate student, Libraries Advisory Council.
* Alexis Macklin, dean of the library, Purdue Fort Wayne.
* April Maybee, library assistant.
* Daniel Moravej, undergraduate student, Polytechnic Institute.
* Sammie L. Morris, professor/university archivist and head, Archives and Special Collections.
* Sunil Prabhakar, director, Integrative Data Science Initiative.
* Jason Reed, assistant professor of library science.
* Megan Sapp Nelson, professor of library science.
* Beth Strickland, professor of speech, languages, and hearing sciences.
Akridge said the search advisory committee will seek input from the Purdue Libraries faculty and staff, as well as the broader campus community and external stakeholders, to help identify and recruit an outstanding individual to lead the unit.