August 2, 2018
Print and Poster Exchange to assist in art enjoyment on campus
Adding the brightening power of art in a work area will be possible Aug. 9-10 through Purdue's historic Print and Poster Exchange, coordinated by Purdue Graduate Student Government. Faculty, staff and graduate students can borrow artworks free for up to three years.
The collection, accumulated since 1964 by the University Visual Arts Committee, contains about 3,000 framed prints and 3,000 unframed prints and has enlivened campus buildings at West Lafayette with works by famous artists. PGSG and UVAC, along with employee donations, support the lending program currently. The 2018 exchange will be at the Purdue Graduate Student Center, 504 Northwestern Ave., adjacent to the Northwestern Avenue Parking Garage.
* The exchange is open to all employees of Purdue University.
* PUID must be current and presented at the time of lending.
* All loaned framed prints are to remain on Purdue's campus and hung in a secure area.
* Graduate students with office space may participate in the program.
* Framed prints can be checked out for a 12- to 36-month period.
* Prints are required to be returned at 36 months. The borrower can recheck the same print out or choose new framed art for their office/building. Returns at 36 months are required to allow inspection for light/frame damage.
* Prints being returned can be brought to this exchange. Returns are accepted throughout the year. For questions about returning prints or participating in the exchange, contact Tricia Olinger at email@example.com.
Dates for the exchange
• Aug. 9 (Th) -- Donor session at 10 a.m.-1 p.m. This session is open to anyone including individuals currently holding prints as well as individuals checking out prints for the first time, who wish to donate to the Print and Poster Exchange. Donations in any amount are welcomed; most people donate $5 at the door. Donations go toward framing new prints. Attending this session allows donors “first chance” to select the newest framed art.
• Aug. 9 (Th) -- 1-5 p.m. This session is open to anyone including individuals currently holding prints as well as individuals checking out prints for the first time.
• Aug. 10 (F) -- 11 a.m.-3 p.m. This session is open for all individuals who could not attend the event on Thursday and wish to trade or check out new framed prints.