May 17, 2018
Purdue University Teaching Academy announces 2018 inductees
The Purdue University Teaching Academy has announced 12 inductees for 2018 in recognition of their outstanding and scholarly teaching in graduate, undergraduate, or engagement programs. Candidates were identified by their individual department or college/school based upon evidence of excellence in teaching, innovation in teaching methodology, teaching-related service, and scholarship in teaching and learning.
In addition to the five Murphy Award recipients who are automatically inducted into the Teaching Academy, five new Fellows from the University faculty, and two Associate members from among continuing lecturers and graduate teaching assistants were selected from the pool of nominees.
The new Teaching Academy Fellows (and their respective schools/departments and colleges) are:
* Steve Beaudoin, Chemical Engineering, College of Engineering.
* Carl Behnke, Hospitality and Tourism Management, College of Health and Human Sciences.
* Jennifer Dobbs-Oates, Human Development and Family Studies, College of Health and Human Sciences.
* Ilana Stonebraker, Libraries.
* Becky Walters, Nursing, College of Health and Human Sciences.
The new Teaching Academy Associates are:
* Sheridan Ackiss, Earth, Atmospheric, and Planetary Sciences, College of Science.
* Lisa Hilliard, Health Sciences, College of Health and Human Sciences.
The 2018 Murphy Award recipients, who will be inducted, are:
* Henry Chang, Biological Sciences, College of Science.
* Mark French, Engineering Technology, Purdue Polytechnic Institute.
* Mark Lipton, Chemistry, College of Science.
* Haley Oliver, Food Sciences, College of Agriculture.
* John Sundquist, Languages and Cultures, College of Liberal Arts.
Further details on the fall induction ceremony will be announced later.
The Teaching Academy’s mission is to enhance and strengthen the quality of teaching and learning at the University.