June 21, 2018
June 30 is quarterly deadline to complete Healthy Boiler activities, receive incentive pay in July
Second-quarter activity for the Healthy Boiler Wellness Program -- introduced to promote wellness within the University community -- ends June 30. The third and final quarter of the 2018 Healthy Boiler initiative begins July 1 and ends Sept. 30.
At the end of the first quarter, 3,149 employees (and spouses) received payments into their health savings accounts or health reimbursement accounts, and the total deposits made by the University were $248,650.
“We continue to be very pleased with the response we are seeing from our employees across the university,” said Candace Shaffer, director of benefits in Human Resources. “Since January, we have seen our Purdue community become more engaged in their health and wellness through the Healthy Boiler program. The first-quarter numbers support that observation, and we expect to see the program continue to grow. It’s a win-win for all involved to have a source that not only rewards individuals in regards to their well-being but also rewards them financially as a result of their health and wellness accomplishments.”
Funds earned each quarter are based on completed items and are deposited into an employee's HSA or HRA. For 2018, first-quarter deposits were seen in April, second-quarter earnings will be deposited in July and third-quarter earnings will be deposited in October.
A report in aggregate is provided to Human Resources at the end of each quarter indicating how much each person should receive based on completed items. Human Resources will not receive any personal health information related to incentives completed.
As a reminder, eligibility to receive the incentive requires completing and logging the three objectives listed below into the Healthy Boiler portal:
1. Select a primary care provider -- $50 employee only/$100 employee and spouse.
2. Complete a physical & biometrics -- $100 employee only/$200 employee and spouse.
3. Complete two preapproved wellness activities -- $100 employee only/$200 employee and spouse.
Activities can be completed in any order at any time between Jan. 1 and Sept. 30, 2018; however, to receive the earned incentive payment, objective 1 must be completed in order to be paid for objective 2, and objectives 1 and 2 must be completed to be eligible to receive payment for objective 3. The preapproved activities in objective 3 must be from two separate categories listed below.
Preapproved activities for 2018
* Attend wellness education presentations/workshops. Participation must equal a minimum of four hours, may include multiple presentations (virtual or in person).
* Participate in a team sport or league.
* Complete a 5K or more -- walk/run/bike.
* Participate in a wellness education series. Series must consist of three or more sessions (virtual or in person).
* Participate in four or more health coaching sessions. May include health coach, stress management, mental health, personal trainer or registered dietitian (virtual or in person).
* Participate in a weight loss program/group, e.g., Weight Watchers.
* Logging a minimum of 150 minutes per week of physical activity for eight concurrent weeks.
* Participate in a disease management program (virtual or in person), e.g., Virta Health.
Using the program portal
Employees can register for and log activities via the Healthy Boiler Wellness Program portal.
To register from the link above:
• Click the REGISTER button (in gold).
• When prompted, provide employee first name (as it appears on pay stub).
• Provide last name (as it appears on pay stub).
• Enter Employee ID number including two leading zeros, for a total of 10 digits.
• Continue with the steps as prompted to finish registration.
• Please DISREGARD the referral code box, unless you have received an email invitation, with a referral code, from a spouse or a friend.
Once registered and logged into the portal, employees and spouses can find the requirements and the links to complete the tasks under the Earn tab. Other supporting health and wellness resources, such as frequently asked questions, articles and more also are available via the portal.
Any questions on the wellness incentive program can be directed to Human Resources at 765-494-2222, 877-725-0222 (toll-free) or firstname.lastname@example.org.