March 2, 2018
Deadline nears to complete Healthy Boiler objectives to earn incentive payment in April
The 2018 Healthy Boiler Wellness Program, introduced to promote wellness within the University community, is nearing the completion of its first quarter of activity as well as the deadline to complete activities in order to receive incentive payment(s) in April.
March 31 is the deadline for employees to record incentive activities to receive their earned incentive money next month. Funds earned are based on completed items and deposited quarterly in April, July and October into an employee’s health savings account or health reimbursement account. A report in aggregate will be provided to Human Resources indicating how much each person should receive based on completed items. Human Resources will not receive any personal health information related to incentives completed.
As a reminder, eligibility to receive the incentive requires completing the three objectives listed below for each participant. Employees and their spouses must complete step 1 to be paid for step 2, and they must complete steps 1 and 2 to be eligible to receive payment for step 3. The steps of the program and incentive dollars for completing each step are outlined below:
1. Identify primary care provider. $50, employee or spouse only. $100, employee and spouse.
2. Complete annual physical and biometrics. $100, employee or spouse only. $200, employee and spouse.
3. Participate in a minimum of two pre-approved wellness activities. $100, employee or spouse only. $200, employee and spouse. To qualify for this incentive, the pre-approved activities must be completed and logged into the wellness portal between Jan. 1 and Sept. 30, and must be from two separate categories.
Employees can register for and log activities via the Healthy Boiler Wellness Program portal.
To register from the link above:
* Click the Register button (in gold).
* When prompted, provide employee first name (as it appears on pay stub).
* Provide last name (as it appears on pay stub).
* Enter employee ID number including two leading zeros, for a total of 10 digits.
* Continue with the steps as prompted to finish registration.
* Disregard the referral code box, unless you have received an email invitation, with a referral code, from a spouse or a friend.
Once registered and logged into the portal, employees and spouses can find the requirements and the links to complete the tasks under the Earn tab. Other supporting health and wellness resources, such as frequently asked questions and articles, are also are available via the portal.
With more than 4,000 registered, the program to date has been very well-received by benefits-eligible employees and spouses covered on a Purdue health plan.
“We are very pleased with the response we’ve seen so far from the Purdue community university-wide,” says Candace Shaffer, director of benefits in Human Resources. “The first round of incentive contributions to qualified employees’ HSAs or HRAs in April is a defining moment for the program. This is when employees will see their effort come full circle to the incentive earned and start seeing the financial benefits in addition to health and wellness improvements we hope they are making as part of the Healthy Boiler program.”
Any questions on the wellness incentive program can be directed to Human Resources at 765-494-2222 or email@example.com.