December 6, 2017
Human Resources introduces Healthy Boiler Wellness Incentive Program portal
The wait is almost over for the launch of the Healthy Boiler Wellness Incentive Program, introduced for 2018 as a way to provide benefits-eligible employees (including those who opt out) and spouses covered on a Purdue health plan an opportunity to improve their health and wellness and earn financial incentives at the same time. The program begins Jan. 1.
Pre-approved wellness activities for the incentive were announced in a recent Purdue Today article. Now, Human Resources is introducing the Healthy Boiler Wellness Program portal -- a one-stop shop for health and wellness information as well as where employees will log their activities and other information related to the 2018 wellness incentive. A frequently asked questions document is also available via the portal. The FAQs will be updated as the program develops; employees are encouraged to check back periodically for new information.
The portal is accessible at www.healthyboiler.com. Employees and covered spouses will need to register to access the site. Please note: Employees must register and log in first in order to allow spousal access to the site.
* Click the Register button (in gold).
* When prompted, provide employee first name (as it appears on pay stub).
* Provide last name (as it appears on pay stub).
* Enter employee ID number including two leading zeros, for a total of 10 digits.
* Continue with the steps as prompted to finish registration.
* Disregard the referral code box, unless you have received an email invitation, with a referral code, from a spouse or a friend.
“We are excited to share the portal and its capabilities with our faculty and staff,” says Candace Shaffer, director of benefits in Human Resources. “The portal, which is accessible and user-friendly for all benefits-eligible employees and covered spouses on all of our Purdue campuses, was made possible through a partnership between the University and the Center for Healthy Living on Purdue’s West Lafayette campus. We look forward to seeing how this new tool will help our employees and spouses on their health and wellness journey.”
As a reminder, eligibility to receive the incentive requires completing all three objectives listed below. Eligible employees and spouses will receive the respective funds into their health savings account or into a health reimbursement account.
1. Identify a primary care provider. $50, employee or spouse only. $100, employee and spouse.
2. Complete annual physical and biometrics. $100, employee or spouse only. $200, employee and spouse.
3. Complete two pre-approved wellness activities. $100, employee or spouse only. $200, employee and spouse.
While information and activities can be logged in the portal now, keep in mind that only information and activities completed after Jan. 1 qualify for the incentive program.
Information will continue to be shared regarding the program and the portal via Purdue Today and email. In the meantime, any questions on the Healthy Boiler Wellness Program can be directed to email@example.com.