July 27, 2017
Nominations sought for Title IX service award
In honor of the 45th anniversary of the enactment of Title IX, nominations are being solicited to recognize and honor five individuals who have made significant contributions to the advancement of gender equity in education.
The recipient of this award shall demonstrate sustained accomplishments in one or more of the following:
* Maximizing institutional and/or societal resources to broaden access and opportunity to women in higher education.
* Expanding the range and quality of the female undergraduate or graduate student experience at Purdue.
* Contributing to the achievement of gender equity at all levels of the academic community.
* Contributing to the advancement of women in intercollegiate athletics.
* Providing local and/or national leadership on issues related to gender equity in education at all levels.
A letter of nomination and supporting materials should be sent by Aug. 31 to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the Office of the Vice President for Ethics and Compliance, Ernest C. Young Hall, Room 1029, 155 S. Grant St., West Lafayette, IN 47907-1295.
Recipients will be honored at a reception on Oct. 5 as part of Purdue’s Title IX @ 45: Recollection, Reformation, and Resilience seminar.