November 1, 2016
Purdue University Teaching Academy to induct new members Nov. 15
The Purdue University Teaching Academy will recognize faculty members and graduate teaching assistants for outstanding and scholarly teaching in graduate, undergraduate, or engagement programs in ceremonies Nov. 15. Candidates were identified by their individual department or college/school based upon evidence of excellence in teaching, innovation in teaching methodology, teaching-related service, and scholarship in teaching and learning.
In addition to the five Murphy Award recipients who are automatically inducted into the Teaching Academy, eight new Fellows from the University faculty and three Associate members from among continuing lecturers and graduate teaching assistants were selected from the pool of nominees.
New Teaching Academy Fellows (and their respective departments and colleges)
* David M. Barbarash, Horticulture and Landscape Architecture, College of Agriculture
* Jessica A. Cabral, Construction Management Technology, Purdue Polytechnic Institute
* Shelley A. Claridge, Chemistry and Biomedical Engineering, colleges of Science and Engineering
* Jennifer L. Freeman, School of Health Sciences, College of Health and Human Sciences
* Rachael H. Kenney, Math and Curriculum & Instruction, colleges of Science and Education
* Sara A. McComb, Nursing and Industrial Engineering, colleges of Health and Human Sciences and Engineering
* Melanie Morgan, Brian Lamb School of Communication, College of Liberal Arts
* Haley F. Oliver, Food Science, College of Agriculture
New Teaching Academy Associates
* Kelly H. Blanchard, Economics, Krannert School of Management
* Kelly-Ann N. Dixon Hamil, Statistics, College of Science
* Rachel E. Walker-Kulzick, Political Science, College of Liberal Arts
2016 Murphy Award recipients
* James L. Jenkins, Construction Management Technology, Purdue Polytechnic Institute
* Eric A. Nauman, Mechanical Engineering, College of Engineering
* Larry Nies, Civil Engineering and Environmental and Ecological Engineering, College of Engineering
* Keith L. Shimko, Political Science, College of Liberal Arts
* Rod N. Williams, Forestry and Natural Resources, College of Agriculture
The Teaching Academy Induction Ceremony will be held Nov. 15 in the Shively Club in Ross-Ade Stadium with a reception at 6:30 p.m. followed by the ceremony at 7 p.m. All members of the Purdue community are welcome to attend and may register here by Nov. 7.
The Teaching Academy’s mission is to enhance and strengthen the quality of teaching and learning at the University.