LiveHealth Online Psychology, Psychiatry offers virtual behavioral healthcare
|Courtesy of Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield, Purdue’s medical plan administrator, LiveHealth Online Psychology and LiveHealth Online Psychiatry, which support the behavioral health pillar of the Healthy Boiler Program, provide online access to psychologists and medication management support for common behavioral conditions such as major depressive disorder, anxiety and bipolar disorder.|
“Because our behavioral health is just as important as our physical health, Purdue has a variety of mental health resources, tools and options available to the Purdue community,” said Candace Shaffer, senior director of benefits in Human Resources. “And just like with physical health providers and care, there needs to be a variety of mental health options to choose from in order to select the type of care that best meets each individual’s specific needs. One of the options Purdue has available is the complete virtual approach of LiveHealth Online Psychology and LiveHealth Online Psychiatry.”
- LiveHealth Online Psychology -- LiveHealth Online psychologists/therapists provide talk therapy and do not diagnose patients or write prescriptions. Dependents, age 10 to 17 who are covered on a Purdue health plan, can also utilize LiveHealth Online Psychology for therapy visits. For more information, view these short videos:
- “What are the benefits of seeing a therapist or psychologist online?”
- “When are some good situations to consider seeing a psychologist or therapist?”
- “What happens during a typical visit?”
- LiveHealth Online Psychiatry -- LiveHealth Online psychiatrists can prescribe medication or help manage any medication individuals might be taking for a behavioral health condition. See the LiveHealth Online Psychiatry pdf for more details. Additionally, for more information, view these short videos:
- “What are the benefits of seeing a psychiatrist online?”
- “What happens during an initial evaluation?”
- “Can I get a prescription as a result of my visit? How does that work?”
LiveHealth Online visits are a covered benefit under all of Purdue’s health plans, and the therapists, psychologists and psychiatrists are in-network providers.
For more information on LiveHealth Online mental health options, visit the “See a licensed therapist, psychologist or psychiatrist” web page.
Any questions regarding benefits coverage and / or mental health resources available to faculty, staff and dependents, can be directed to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org, HRHelp (secure email) or by phone at 765-494-2222 or toll-free at 877-725-0222.
- March 2021 ISSUE #20
- Treatment for mental health conditions, substance use disorders covered like physical illness
- Grief support essential especially as individuals continue to experience grief at unprecedented rate
- On your mark. Get set. Go!
- Care@Work benefit in place to help with caregiving needs, behavioral health, more
- Sleep, nutrition and sun – all play a role in behavioral health
- LiveHealth Online Psychology, Psychiatry offers virtual behavioral healthcare
- News you need to know …
- Kids experience stress, too – Resources are available to help parents/caregivers assist them
- Animals can assist in a variety of ways to help individuals, caregivers achieve clinical goals
- Can healthier eating improve mental health in people with depression? Research says ‘yes’