We’re a 5 Star AchieveWELL company – thanks to the Healthy Boiler program, flu shots and more
Purdue University has received the 5 Star AchieveWELL designation through the Wellness Council of Indiana. The Wellness Council of Indiana developed the AchieveWELL program to assist employers in creating a corporate culture that encourages and supports employee health through workplace wellness efforts.
The university’s designation demonstrates that the organization has developed a culture of health and well-being. The Healthy Boiler Program, introduced in 2018 to promote health and wellness through the university community, and its evolution to what it is today, and the Center for Healthy Living onsite employee health and wellness clinic set the stage for the honor. Additionally, free flu shot clinics, HR-sponsored discounted entry fees to community half-marathon and 5K events added to the plethora of Purdue HR-Benefits offerings the Wellness Council of Indiana continues to praise and recognize.
AchieveWELL is divided into three levels: 3 Star, 4 Star (which Purdue was recognized as in 2018) and 5 Star. Each level requires a set of standards to be achieved before an organization can qualify. Purdue will be recognized at the 2019 Indiana Wellness Summit in Indianapolis, September 17-18.
“We are again honored to be recognized by the Wellness Council of Indiana for our continued efforts to make overall health and wellness a priority for our university and the faculty and staff who make up this great Purdue community,” said Candace Shaffer, director of benefits in human resources. “Our goals were elevated after last year’s 4 Star recognition. Earning the 5 Star designation in 2019 is a testament to the continued dedication of the benefits team, staff at the Center for Healthy Living and many other areas and individuals across campus who are committed to supporting the Healthy Boiler Program and helping us enhance and strengthen it to best serve the diverse population of individuals we serve. 2020 will be no different.”
The Wellness Council of Indiana is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Indiana Chamber of Commerce. To learn more about the AchieveWELL process, visit https://www.wellnessindiana.org/.
- September 2019 Issue 9
- ‘Sydney’ – Anthem’s new mobile app –– delivers highly personalized, custom experience to users
- Dedicated open enrollment web page offers one-stop shop for 2020 open enrollment
- Suicide Prevention Awareness Month
- Healthy Boiler wellness incentives return for third year
- Free flu shots returning to all Purdue campuses for 2019
- Human Resources announces customer service location in Stewart Center closing indefinitely
- We’re a 5 Star AchieveWELL company – thanks to the Healthy Boiler program, flu shots and more
- Mark your calendars: Wellness and family-friendly programs coming up
- Reminder: September 30 is the deadline to earn Healthy Boiler 2019 incentives