Supported Degree Objectives
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
- Master of Science (MS)
- Non Degree
Required Supporting Documents
- Recommendation Letters
- Statement of Purpose
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE): Optional
- Diversity Essay (optional)
- If you are an American student, who has been significantly involved with any racial, ethnic, socio-economic, or educational community that has traditionally been underrepresented in higher education, please make an effort to submit a diversity essay. Although this is optional, it is also a prerequisite for eligibility to certain graduate fellowships.
English Proficiency Requirements
Doctoral and Master's Degree Program Requirements
- Cumulative Grade Point Average from most recently conferred undergraduate, graduate, or professional degree:
- 3.0 or equivalent (A=4.0)
Application Priority Deadlines
Fall Spring Summer December 15 No Entry No Entry
Program Contact Information
- The Department of Chemistry is not actively seeking Master's Degree applicants at this time, and students who apply for the MS program will be declined. An exception is made for active service US military applicants who are fully funded by scholarships. Please consult with the Assistant Department Head for more information.
- Current master's students wishing to move to a doctoral degree program in this same graduate program will not be required to submit a new application.
- Students enrolled in programs outside of the United States must complete the equivalent of a United States Bachelors Degree prior to matriculation.
- International students who are enrolled in a graduate-level degree-seeking program in the United States at the time they apply to Purdue, must complete that degree (Master's or Doctoral degree). A final transcript showing the degree awarded will be required before they can enroll for classes at the Chemistry Department at Purdue University
- International students earning a BS or MS degree at a US University may request a waiver from the testing requirement, which may be granted based on TOEFL or IELTS scores older than two years. Waivers should be requested directly from the Department Assistant Head. For the purposes of priority review, your application will not be considered complete until either a score is recorded or a waiver has been granted.