Supported Degree Objectives
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
- MS in Chemical Engineering (MSCHE) - Non-Thesis Only
- Graduate Certificate
- Non Degree
Required Supporting Documents
- Recommendation Letters
- PhD - 3 letters
- PMP - 2 letters
- Statement of Purpose
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- International master's degree applicants: 3.0 analytical or higher required
- The GRE score requirement has been waived for domestic applicants for Fall 2022. GRE scores are required for all international applicants from a non Chemical Engineering background (since we view mathematics and physical sciences background as very important components, the GRE provides additional information). This is for the Professional MS Program only.
- Diversity Essay (optional)
English Proficiency Requirements
Doctoral and Master's Degree Program Requirements
- Cumulative Grade Point Average from most recently conferred undergraduate, graduate, or professional degree:
- 3.0 or equivalent (A=4.0)
Program Fall Spring Summer PhD December 15 October 15* No Entry Prof. MS 1st Round: February 1
2nd Round: April 1
Final Round: June 1
1st Round: July 1
2nd Round: September 1
Final Round: November 1
*Our Primary admission window is for fall entry, however we do admit students to the PhD program for spring entry as needed. Please check with the Graduate Office to see if applications are being considered for spring admission before applying. For the Professional MS Program, spring admission is limited to students with a previous degree in chemical engineering. All other applicants will be considered for fall admission.
Program Contact Information
- Both original language transcripts and English translations are required. Please upload them to your online application.
- No financial statements should be mailed to the ChE Grad Office. If you are accepted to Purdue University and you are an international applicant, the International Students and Scholars office will send you the correct forms to be filled out upon acceptance.