Supported Degree Objectives
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
- MS in Chemical Engineering (MSCHE) - Non-Thesis Only - also available at the Indianapolis location of study with only the concentration of Pharmaceutical Engineering
- Non Degree
Required Supporting Documents
- Recommendation Letters
- PhD - 3 letters
- PMP - 2 letters
- Academic Statement of Purpose
- Personal History Statement
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) - Not required for PhD applicants
- For Professional MS applicants ONLY:
- International master's degree applicants: 3.0 analytical or higher required
- The GRE score requirement has been waived for domestic applicants. GRE scores are required for all international applicants from a non Chemical Engineering background (since we view mathematics and physical sciences background as very important components, the GRE provides additional information).
English Proficiency Requirements
Doctoral and Master's Degree Program Requirements
- Cumulative Grade Point Average from most recently conferred undergraduate, graduate, or professional degree:
- 3.0 or equivalent (A=4.0)
Program Fall Spring Summer PhD December 1 October 15* No Entry Prof. MS June 1 November 1 No Entry
*Our Primary admission window is for fall entry, however we do admit students to the PhD program for spring entry as needed. Please check with the Graduate Office to see if applications are being considered for spring admission before applying. For the Professional MS Program, spring admission is limited to students with a previous degree in chemical engineering. All other applicants will be considered for fall admission.
Program Contact Information
- Both original language transcripts and English translations are required. Please upload them to your online application.
- No financial statements should be mailed to the ChE Grad Office. If you are accepted to Purdue University and you are an international applicant, the International Students and Scholars office will send you the correct forms to be filled out upon acceptance.